Volunteer with the NRH
The NRH recognises our Volunteers as a most valuable resource. They act to enhance the services provided in the NRH.
Patient feedback highlights the benefits gained by patients through engagement with our volunteers. Volunteers assist our staff across the hospital to coordinate and facilitate patient events, to support therapeutic and recreational activities and to provide an extra level of patient-centred assistance.
A comprehensive induction programme is provided for essential orientation and training for our volunteers. Garda Vetting is required for all volunteer roles at the NRH and volunteers are asked to commit to their roles for at least six months. Presently, all volunteers must be over 18 years of age.
Just some of the volunteering roles at the NRH include:
– Administration Support Volunteers
– Assistive Technology Assistants
– Recreational Therapy Volunteers
– Music and Art Therapy Volunteers
– Gardening Volunteers
– Unit (Ward) Based Support Volunteers
– Sports Volunteers
– Visiting and Mealtime Assistant Volunteers
– Other roles will come on-stream in the future also.
If you are interested in finding out more about volunteering with the NRH, or would like to make a general enquiry, please choose one of the following options:
- complete the form below, or
- contact the NRH Volunteering Department on 01 235 5445, or
- email email@example.com
We will be in touch within five working days to discuss your enquiry. If you don’t hear from us in five working days, please check your spam or junk email folders as we will have responded to you.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the National Rehabilitation Hospital.
NRH Volunteer Application FormNRH Volunteer Application Form