What is Freedom of Information (FOI)?
The Freedom of Information Act 2014 gives you certain legal rights when you are dealing with public bodies.
You have the right to:
- access records held by the hospital, as detailed in section 11 of the Act
- have your personal information amended where it is incomplete, incorrect or misleading, as detailed in section 9 of the Act
- receive reasons for our decisions that affect you
NRH records affected by the FOI Act 2014 include:
- All records relating to personal information, including information held in patient and staff records
- All other records created on or after 21 October 1998 (non-personal information)
The Act allows the hospital to limit access to some information in certain circumstances; you will be given a full explanation if this occurs.
Link to: Freedom of Information Act 2014