The Dietitian on your Rehabilitation Team will:
- Assess your nutrition.
- Help you manage your dietary needs.
- Promote healthy eating habits and provide education on how to stay healthy.
- Provide individual assessments and diet plans as required
Please see a list of useful links below for information on diet and health:-
The Irish Nutrition and Dietetic Institute (INDI) have a range of Fact Sheets on:
- Weight Management – click on this link: INDI Weight Management
- Heart Health – click on this link: INDI Heart Health
- Diet and Diabetes – click on this link: INDI Diabetes
- Healthy Eating – click on this link: INDI Healthy Eating
- Improving your appetite – click on this link: INDI Improving Appetite
- Advice for people with poor appetite / weight loss – click on this link: INDI Advice for People with Poor Appetite and Weight Loss
Safe Food provides information on a variety of topics including healthy eating, recipes, food and diet – click on this link: Safe Food
The Irish Heart Foundation provides information on how the food choices you make can help protect you against Heart Disease and Stroke – click on this link: Irish Heart Foundation Health Eating
Diabetes Ireland provide information and support on a range of topies to those affected by Diabetes – click on this link: Diabetes Ireland