What Will Happen During My Rehabilitation?
Initial Team Assessment
- Your interdisciplinary team assessment begins on the day you are admitted to the hospital.
- Team members will review your assessment results with you and help you to identify realistic goals for your rehabilitation programme.
- Based on this assessment and your goals, focus areas are identified so treatment can begin immediately.
Treatment Planning Conference
- Your team will develop an individualised Treatment Plan containing your goals.
- An estimate of the time needed to complete your treatment plan is made – this is your estimated discharge date.
- Any specific needs relating to your discharge will be identified.
- The outcome of this conference will be discussed with you to make sure you agree with the planned goals.
Treatment team conference.
- Your Treatment Plan is reviewed and updated to monitor progress towards achieving your goals.
- Your treatment team will keep you and your family updated on progress and changes in goals.
- Every patient is offered the opportunity to invite their family to meet with select team members to discuss progress, goals and the discharge plan.
- This provides an opportunity for you and your family to receive feedback and to have any concerns or questions addressed by the team.
- Your therapy day may start as early as 8.00 am and continue until early evening, from Monday to Friday.
- Weekends allow time for you to practice your skills with the support of family and nursing staff.
Patient / Family Education Programme
- Education sessions are provided to teach you and your family essential information about your care.
- Education may be given individually or in a group.
- Your team will tell you of the education sessions available.