The National Rehabilitation Hospital (NRH) provides Complex Specialist Rehabilitation services to patients who, as a result of an accident, illness or Injury, have acquired a physical or cognitive disability and who require specialist medical rehabilitation.
The National Rehabilitation Hosptial:
- Is the only Hospital of its type in the country
- Is a single entity, publicly funded Voluntary Hospital
- Provides Specialist Rehabilitation services, delivered by Medical Consultant-led Interdisciplinary Teams
- Services are delivered to Adult and Paediatric patients from throughout Ireland, through our comprehsensive Inpatient and Outpatient Programmes at NRH
The NRH Foundation is a distinct legal entity and a registered charity. It aims to raise financial support from the community towards projects that will directly benefit patients of the National Rehabilitation Hosptial (NRH) and is not part of other charity groups.
The NRH, backed by over 50 years experience, clinical expertise and a solid reputation for excellence, provides patients with every opportunity to meet their rehabilitation goals through personalised treatment plans delivered by the Consultant-led Interdisciplinary Teams at NRH.
Rehabilitation Programmes at NRH are tailored to meet the individual needs of adult and paediatric patients in the following areas of specialty:
- Brain Injury (including traumatic and non-traumatic brain injury, Stroke, and other neurological conditions)
- Spinal Cord System of Care (including traumatic and non-traumatic spinal cord injury)
- Prosthetic, Orthotic and Limb Absence Rehabilitation (POLAR)
- Paediatric-Family Centred Rehabilitation
The NRH is a fully publicly funded hospital and operates on the ethos of providing high quality care and treatment to patients irrespective of background or status, but on the basis of clinical need.