Education is a core part of the rehabilitation process. The Rehabilitation Team will work together with you and your family to help you learn about and adjust to your injury; and to re-learn or learn new everyday living skills so you can achieve the safest possible level of independence.
Each Programme includes a wide range of educational topics. Your team will discuss with you which of these topics should be included as part of your programme, according to your individual needs. These may include:
- What is rehabilitation?
- The Brain and How it Works
- Stroke and Brain Injury Awareness and Understanding
- Attention, Memory and Cognition
- Visual Problems
- Activities of Daily Living
- Returning Home
- Challenging Behaviour and Personality Change following Brain Injury
- Managing Stress