Prosthetic, Orthotic & Limb Absence Rehabilitation
Education is a core part of the rehabilitation process. The Rehabilitation Team will work together with you and your family to help you learn about and adjust to your injury; and to re-learn or learn new everyday living skills so you can achieve the safest possible level of independence.
Each Programme includes a wide range of educational topics. Your team will discuss with you which of these topics should be included as part of your programme, according to your individual needs.
These may include:
- Introduction to rehabilitation
- Maintaining your general health
- Managing your mood after limb loss
- Practical aspects of managing amputation
- Medical factors and prevention of complications
- Knowing your prosthesis – how to care for it and how it functions
- Peer support
- Returning Home