Paediatric Family-Centred Rehabilitation Services
Education is a core part of the rehabilitation process. The Rehabilitation Team will work together with our patients and their family or carer to teach them how to adjust to their new situation; and to re-learn or learn new everyday living skills to achieve the safest possible level of independence.
Each Programme includes a wide range of educational topics. The rehabilitation team will discuss with patients and their family or carer which of these topics are appropriate to the child or adolescent’s individual needs.
These may include:
- Introduction to rehabilitation
- How to get the most out of Rehabilitation
- Effects of injury/illness in the context of normal growth and development
- Maintaining general health and well-being
- Medical factors and prevention of complications
- Benefits of participation in therapeutic recreational events and activities
- Peer support
- Returning home
- Transition back to school and the community