School at NRH
Located on the NRH Campus, Our Lady of Lourdes School a service provided and funded by the Department of Education and Science (DES) to cater for the educational needs of students attending the National Rehabilitation Hospital. It is controlled and governed by the School Board of Management under the patronage of the Archbishop of Dublin. The School is held accountable and is evaluated regularly by the DES inspectorate and the Whole School Evaluation process.
The School Principal is Ms. Aoife MacGiolla – Rí
- The school provides an educational service for students attending the National Rehabilitation Hospital, ranging in age from four to eighteen years. On initial enrolment each student is assessed with a view to drawing up an education programme tailored to meet the student’s abilities and needs.
- Contact is made with students’ local schools so that where possible continuity of school programme is maintained.
- For primary school children we aim to deliver the current primary school curriculum, adapted in many cases to meet individual needs.
- At secondary level where the curriculum is subject based, we strive to provide a broad range of subjects at the level appropriate to the student.
- Junior Certificate and Leaving Certificate Examination centres are provided in NRH during the month of June to facilitate students resident in NRH at examination time.
- On students’ discharge, we co-operate with the relevant programmes in the National Rehabilitation Hospital in seeking an appropriate school placement for each student.
Meetings With Other Schools
In-school meetings are held which are attended by Principal teachers, Class teachers, Resource and Learning Support teachers, Special Needs Assistants, Community medical and Paramedical staff, Psychologists, SENO’s and multidisciplinary personnel from NRH.
Dun Laoghaire VEC supply an Art teacher and a Computer skills teacher for one session weekly for our students.
Contact Numbers for the School at NRH:-
School 01: 235 5519 / School Office: 01 284 7239